As we’ve stated before, data mines may not seem like big news but when new features are discovered within the codes, Niantic usually confirms the information soon after. Data mines are the best way to keep up with what’s happening within the game and which features are soon to be rolling out.
In the latest data mine, Gen 2 Pokémon have been discovered. Here’s the complete list according to Silph Road:
After a preliminary look through the v0.45 APK’s code, we can confirm the following:
- Only one new move has been added to the game:
- It is a quick move (as opposed to a charge/special move).
Transformnow appears both in the GAME_MASTER file with its own animation sequence (as all moves have) and the APK code itself, as the only new move addition yet since the game launched.
- 100 New Pokemon are now referenced in the game’s code.
- Pokedex #152 (Chikorita) to #251 Celebi
- Moveset data has not appeared for the 100 new species. However, a single client-side update (e.g. v0.45.1) may be all that is needed for them to begin appearing in-game
- 52 New Pokemon Families now appear
- Again from Chikorita to Celebi
- Includes Ho-Oh and Lugia, etc.
- New Sponsor: Globe now appears (this may have been added in v0.43.4, but either way was previously announced and discussed here on the Road)
- The Lockout System – bunch of new code for the lockout (anti-gym-sniping) system. Appears to function just as described, with a new error message if you are locked out, an ‘ending millisecond’ timer for deploy lockouts, etc.
- The Quest System – Daily quest code, including daily bonuses and a weekly bonus according to a multiplier.
- The ‘Condolence’ Ribbon – (Went live in the previous version, but wanted to catalog here for historical reasons) From when Niantic placed a black condolence ribbon on Thai players a the passing of the King.
The biggest news is definitely the appearance of Pokémon from the second generation. Pokémon like Espeon, Chikorita, Marill, Murkrow, Unown, Houndoom, and more have been discovered in the code. Also, it appears that legendaries like Ho-Oh and Lugia have been discovered as well. Reddit user and co-creator of Global Nest Atlas, dronpes has more information about Gen 2:
Presently, no moveset data has been assigned to the new species. Furthermore, the moves themselves haven’t even appeared in the code yet. This means a server and client-side change will have to occur before Gen 2 is launched. So nothing to hold your breath for, travelers. It may yet be a few more weeks or months.
But Niantic has certainly been picking up momentum. At this point, it’s anyone’s guess when these major additions might find their way into the Pokemon GO universe.
Hopefully these efforts to boil down the update are useful for helping you know what’s happened, confirming that no new features were overlooked, and quelling or confirming rumors, travelers.
Niantic is hauling. We haven’t seen re-balances and additions come back to back this quickly in the history of the game. Can’t wait to see what their plans are on these new fronts! Something tells us big things are happening sooner than later…
The quest system which has already been announced has also been found in the data. Also it looks like there is a new move added which is Transform. There is only one Pokemon that transforms and we know which one that is: Ditto!
Here’s what Silph Road has to say:
While it may seem Ditto is now in the game, the GAME_MASTER file does not currently include the recently added move
Transformin Ditto’s movesets. Currently, the only move Ditto knows is:
Struggle. It is possible that
Transformmay never officially become a Ditto ‘move’ so to speak, but will instead simply be an ‘occurrence’ that happens every time Ditto enters combat. Notably, however, the
Transformanimation sequence was not only added as an animation sequence, but as a ‘move’ in the movelist in the APK code.
It may only take a server-side update, to update Ditto’s moveset. It is our opinion that if the GAME_MASTER file is ever updated to give Ditto the new
Transformmove, we can almost guarantee that gelatinous beast will be findable in the game. We’ll certainly be looking!
So this all confirms that our dreams are about to come true! Generation 2 Pokémon are on their way to the game.