It’s official! Over 80 Generation 2 Pokémon are in the game! Thanks to an update that was released today, there are tons of new features and items and of course, tons of new Pokemon. Here is the official list of features:
- Over 80 additional Pokemon originally discovered in the Johto region can be caught.
- Gender-specific variations of select Pokemon can be caught.
- Added new encounter mechanics.
- Added Poke Ball and Berry selection carousels to the encounter screen.
- Added two new Berries.
- Added new avatar outfit and accessory options.
- Added new night-mode map and encounter music.
- Added bonus Candies for catching Evolved Pokemon.
- Implemented Apple Watch connection stability improvement.
- Various bug fixes.
- Minor text fixes.
The best feature is definitely the easy access to different Poke Balls and berries from the encounter screen. It’s so much easier! Generation 2 Pokémon include all of your favorites from Pokemon Gold and Silver.
Here is some more details from Kotaku:
For reference, the new starters include Chikorita, Cyndaquil, and Totodile. Additionally, Zubat can now evolve into Crobat, Slowpoke can evolve into Slowking, Onix can evolve into Steelix, Chansey can evolve into Blissey, Seadra can evolve into Kingdra, Scyther can evolve into Scizor, Eevee can evolve into Espeon and Umbreon, and Porygon can evolve into Porygon 2. Some of these evolutions will require special items, such as a Metal Coat.
What are you waiting for? Get out there and catch some Generation 2 Pokémon!